Your privacy is very important to WebNX (“WebNX”). WebNX wants to make your experience using our services and on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and WebNX want you to use the Internet’s vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
- Introduction. WebNX collects information in different ways from Visitors and Customers who access the various parts of our Services and the network of websites accessible through our Services. WebNX uses this information primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Services and, generally, do not share this information with third parties. However, WebNX may disclose personal information collected if WebNX has received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when WebNX believes that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
- Registration. Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage each Member’s account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances. However, in instances where WebNX and a partner jointly promote the Services, WebNX may provide the partner certain personal information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the promotion. In this instance, the partner may not use personal information for any other purpose. WebNX may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, WebNX may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the Services.
- WebNX Partners and Sponsors. Some WebNX products and services may be offered to Visitors and Customers in conjunction with a non-affiliated partner. To provide Visitors and Customers some of these products and services, the partner may need to collect and maintain personal information. In these instances, WebNX will provide such data collected or transferred to our Partners and Sponsors (e.g., domain registration). Additionally, many WebNX Customers have co-branded pages that are co-sponsored by non-affiliated partners. WebNX will share non-identifying and aggregate information (except as described above), but not personal information, with such partners in order to administer the co-branded products or services offered.
- Online Shopping. At some websites, you can purchase products and services or register to receive materials, such as a catalog or new product and service updates. In many cases, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit/debit card information. If you complete an order for someone else, such as an online gift order sent directly to a recipient, you may be asked to provide information about the recipient, such as the recipient’s name, address, and phone number. WebNX has no control over the third parties’ use of any personal information you provide when placing such an order. Please exercise care when doing so. If you order products directly from WebNX, WebNX will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. WebNX does not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Online Advertisements. WebNX may display online advertisements. In such instances, WebNX shares aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and Customers collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers. Additionally, in some instances, WebNX uses this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information WebNX has collected, WebNX may then display the advertisement to the intended audience. WebNX does not share personal information about its Visitors or Customers with these advertisers.
- Responses to Email Inquiries. When Visitors or Customers send email inquiries to WebNX, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry WebNX receives. WebNX does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
- Voluntary Customer Surveys. WebNX may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. WebNX encourages Customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services WebNX offer and how WebNX provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if a third party conducts the survey. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. WebNX takes the information WebNX receives from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other WebNX customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). WebNX then uses the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- Special Cases. It is WebNX’s policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors of Customers in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, WebNX may disclose personal information about Visitors or Customers, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, WebNX believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal or preservation requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect WebNX and our Customers.
- Statistics. WebNX uses information gathered about you from our site statistics (for example your IP address) to help diagnose problems with the Services. WebNX also gathers broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
- WebNX’s Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. While WebNX makes every effort to ensure that these websites are fun and age-appropriate for our younger audience, WebNX believes that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. WebNX recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to WebNX, or to anyone else online.
- WebNX’s Commitment to Data Security. Services and websites WebNX sponsor may have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While WebNX makes every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, WebNX cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. WebNX offers Customers the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information contact our Customer Service Department.
- Exceptions. As stated previously in this policy, WebNX will never give out your information without your permission. The only exceptions to this are, when WebNX are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the law, or WebNX must comply with a legal process served on our website. WebNX may also need to give out your information if one of our partners requires it, but these situations are rare and WebNX will always ask for your explicit permission first.